Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Silent laughter

While at the Yeehaw Parade on Sunday, watching 3 hours of Corn Queens on haystacks, tractors, and horses, my family on the curb and I sat out in the street to take pictures, I realize that right behind me this was going on.

It's my sister, Frances, and Tink. Frances was playing around trying to put a sticker on Tink and it caused them to laugh and just have fun in the moment. Glad I turned to get a great shot of them laughing together.

Frances has a silent laugh, due to her Dystonia muscle disorder, but Tink gets it, and she was laughing right along. It's moments like these that make my heart happy to see my children interact with their Aunt. Communication is very little between them, since the kids can't read her messages yet, and Frances can not talk.

I worry more of a distance between them. When all I want is for them to love her as much as I do. I know as Tink gets older she will want to learn more, and be a part of speaking on behalf of Frances, or speaking about Dystonia to others. She already does. We talk about it. When she was just 3 years old Tink said that a lady in the drive thru didn't say hello back to her. Like how Frances doesn't say hello to her either. I cried right there in the McD's drive thru, not realizing that so soon she would ask why. I explained that Frances loves her, and would love to say hello to her. But she can not.

Since then Tink has been very understanding, she and once in a while she will just out of the blue say something about someday they will find a cure to fix it so she can finally hear Aunt Frances talk... I sure do hope so.

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. Victor Borge


JCat

No comments: