Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spaghetti Legs, my Bailey Bug

Yesterday I looked out my door. It was a warm and sunny Wednesday. (Third time it's ever been 80 degrees in March up here!) I looked over to my neighbors house and noticed that she was home. It was after the time she usually left for work, garage door was open, front door open... she must have taken the day off. A beautiful day for it. But not like her to just take a day off for weather. Hmrph.

On and off I thought about why, but for some reason my brain didn't put the pieces together till this morning I read facebook. And I instantly sobbed. I knew it was coming, but it broke my heart anyway. She had taken the day off to say goodbye to her best friend Miss Bailey.

I'm not sure what part hurt more, the loss of her baby girl, the fact that I'll miss her terribly, and combine the fact that this fall she had to put down her other boxer, Miss Jessie due to a fight with Cancer. It's been a long hard year, so much loss, my heart broke and I lost it. 
Miss Bailey, was a beautiful boxer, who was 12 years old (and that is OLD in boxer years, most only live to about 9 years old), and due to an evil case of doggie MS, she had lost control of her back legs (note sad but adorable picture above) 

She could walk... sort of. I called her my Spaghetti legs, they would often do their own thing going here and there, not going where Bailey wanted them too. She was strong, and had so much will to make them work. We cheered the morning she made the step down to the front yard on her own. 

Coming down the stairs was quite the adventure, Miss Bailey is easily 70+ pounds, and needed you to put your arm under her tummy to help her down the stairs. An event for the two of us but we did it. No questions asked.
Many times this year (already) her mommy had to travel for work, and since I big puffy red heart boxers (and my neighbor) I take care of her baby 3-4 times a day while she is gone. And I loved it. 


Miss Bailey always gave me my Kissy Kissy Kissies in the morning. Even when I'd show up with little or no make-up on, looking fresh right out of bed wonderful with my dog breath... hmmm... That's the best part about a dog. They don't judge you. Ever. They are amazing creatures that love you more then they love themselves.

Rest in peace to my dear Miss Bailey. I hope you find your sister Jessie.

 I hope your young and healthy again. I hope there are SO many balls and toys to play catch with. I hope you find my Maggie May. 

 and play in the warm sunshine on the rainbow bridge, until we all meet again. 

Love you

"She will make you laugh; She will make you cry; She will try your patience; She will outwit you when she can. And she will love you with an intensity that will surprise and amaze you. She will be your canine soul mate." 

JCat

"When dogs are happy they wag their tails...
When Boxers are happy they wag the back half of their body...
When dogs are happy to see you they jump up to greet you...
When Boxers are happy to see you they run 900 miles an hour around the living room...
When dogs are bored they won't to play fetch for 20 minutes...
When Boxers are bored they bring you every toy in the house over and over for the next 2 hours...
When dogs get tired they sleep in their bed as quiet as a mouse...
When Boxers get tired they sleep on you chest snoring in your ear...
When dogs beg for food they put a paw on your knee...
When boxers beg for food they silently make two large slobber bubbles from the sides of their mouth...

...Therefore, boxers are not dogs. They are wiggling, toy carrying, snoring, slobber bubble making machines."
-Epdjr on BoxerWorld.com

Oh and if you have time... watch this video of Bailey and Me. I had made it while my neighbor was gone for a week. I know missing her so much. I thought our daily routine would make her laugh, and see how much I love her dog like my own. (if you get motion sick beware, I was all over the place with this, and it's a bit long!)

For the life of me I could not get this to find the video to upload here... follow this link to see it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d9-rQH-t7o&fb_source=message 

No comments: