Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

Fireplace

In just this one picture I can count SO many reasons to be thankful.

First the obvious. My two children.
I’m blessed to have been able to have them both, when I wanted. I wanted two spring babies approx. two years apart. I was rewarded with one June baby, Tink. One April baby, Buzz. And they are 22 months apart. THAT I’m incredibly thankful for.

Seeing my children, makes me thankful for Blue. My husband of over 11 years. My best friend, the one person I love to laugh with, dream with, and spend my life with all while enjoying watching our two beautiful children grow into amazing little people.

I see a fire, in a beautiful fireplace.
That resembles home to me. This is my parents, Queen and Carrots, beautiful home.  A place where we are welcomed, fed and loved. I have both of my parents, alive and well. For that I am thankful.

I am thankful to have my sister and parents living so close to us. It’s not the 45 second drive like it used to be. But I’ll take 20 minutes, and enjoy the ride.

I’m thankful for our families and their selflessness to take care of each other. Ed’s family is just as giving, and welcoming. We were both raised by amazing parents. Loved by them. Taught by them. And no matter how dark and cold the world may be. We both know we have family that reminds us of home and comfort.

We are both grateful for what we have. We live with in our means, and remember to be thankful for what we have, not complain about what we don’t have.

Wishing everyone a wonderful and happy thanksgiving. Full of food, friends, family, loved ones, and something to be thankful for.

Gobble till you Wobble!

JCat McGack

No comments: