Saturday, November 5, 2011

I took a bath… I day dreamed…

I've got idea's... good ones...

I day dreamed about my dream home. It will have a two story library... FILLED with books, and magazines. The first and second floor will be open to each other. The second floor with a wrap around hallway, a winding stair case to get to it. It will be in the front of the house and will have a HUGE bowed out window on the first floor that will also be on the second. The second will have a bench seat with a table. Like a nook, to read or write in. The fist for two BIG chairs. 

On the second floor there will be a bathroom right off the library... so I can take a bath and read of coarse! 

This is when you walk in the front door, one of the first doors in the hallway... go down the hall to see the sun room, where the breakfast nook with some chairs for lounging are at. To the right is my amazing kitchen, details to follow...

Off the kitchen is my art room... I dream of a two story art room... so now this room is the length of the house front to back... it will have FLOOR to ceiling windows in the front and all over the room for the best light an artist could want. The front of the room will be a HUGE table, so big it has a space in the middle for me to sit on a stool, or to display... like the art room in High school... it will be in sections. The front area here, will be all pink... white and pink... black floor through out.

The walls will be covered in white shelves, drawers and nooks. This will be were all paper, accessories, fabric and tools will be stored. Beautiful and right where I can see it all. Mostly paper crafting on this floor...

The back, still with windows, but this area will be purple in color. My favorite. It will host another large desk but about the size of a HUGE dining room table. This is MY desk. Where I will create and work. My counter behind me for tools...

I dream of along the outside wall of screens... little holes... made for cats... where they can come and go... from the art room to their room... their room? Yes next to the art room will be a screened in (with windows to close when it's chilly) but this area will be where my cats love to lounge... see I'm allergic... and it wouldn't work to have the cats in the whole house... but this room is SO big, and two stories, plus the cat/sun porch that they have MORE then enough freedom.
The sun room off the art room will be teal in color... it will have a small kitchen off of it. That is for the art room and for the sun room to use... a bathroom as well... this room is for day dreaming, for relaxing, for time outs. This room will have a spiral staircase in the corner... it will go upstairs to a beautiful porch. This porch will have a hammock, And more space for relaxing... going BACK into the art room, the second floor now.

The kids will have their section up here. Where they can create, paint, discover and make. This will be where I can paint, work with clay (oh my kiln is up here too!) paper mache' and make messes!

There will be a regular staircase of some sort to get from floor to floor in the art room... not sure where yet... 

Go back downstairs, through the sun room, and in the sun room is a door to outside... where there is a patio... off that patio there is a garden... a fairy garden, a beautiful garden full of humming birds, and butterflies. Where lightning bugs dance at night, and lights are in the trees.

There off the patio is a stair case down... down to the deck where the crazy family lives. Where you leave the world of creativity to the world of family, fun and relaxing....

11/5/2011

No comments: